Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tips: Prepping for Prenup

This Sunday, Dec 16th is our scheduled Pre-Nuptials Photo Shoot to be held in DasmariƱas, Cavite. All is set as planned. But, back when I was starting to prep for our wedding, I did not realize the time and effort needed for this one particular pre-wedding day.

It took me weeks before I was able to schedule the photographer and the venue. It was sort of a game of volleyball at times cause one party keeps throwing off the date. Until finally, I was able to find one common date - to which I instantly grabbed! :)

After which, the search for the hair and make up artist was needed to be done. And this did not come easily as well. Most of the artists I have asked had blocked off this date since December is the peak season for weddings, thus they entertain weddings more than prenups. Thankfully, after months of searching, I was able to book the HMUA that fits everything perfectly. :)

You might think it all ends there right? No, not at all!

We needed to look for clothes that will tie up the venue and the ideas we had. So we had to have a custom made pair of uniforms to bring our vision to life. And of course some styling was badly needed as well, thus the trip we had to Divisoria. ;)

All in all.. There are a few tips I could suggest future couples:
(1) Make sure to know, or at least have an idea of, when you would want to have your prenup, and what you want for it. This will be helpful in booking suppliers, as you could have the date blocked off at the same time that you are blocking off your wedding date. To top this, knowing what you want will help you set aside the needed budget for this particular day.
(2) Have a concrete vision.. Planning is easier when you know what you want to achieve in the end. Plus, this will help your suppliers to be prepared for your shoot, and be able to provide the services you need or more.
(3) Stick to your plan. It's nice to have Plan B, just be sure that this is not too far from your Plan A unless you have all the liberty in the world to change everything. Otherwise, changes could lead to additional costs, and of course stress for you and your fiance.
(4) Communicate. This is not just limited to you and your fiance. Have an open communication with your suppliers, especially your photographers, on how you envision your shoot. Throw ideas back and forth to know their limitations, and their capabilities, as well as yours. This will help both parties to have a better working relationship.
Lastly...
(5) Enjoy! This is hard to do when you are stressed - I know! But please do so. This will definitely help the way you perceive your prenup, and all the preparations you have done. And of course, stress makes us ugly - so who wants to be ugly on photos, right? So... No matter how stressful it gets, SMILE! :)

Just thinking,

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...