It's been months since I first started emailing the only designer I had in mind - Paul Rex Mateo for my wedding gown designs. He made my Senior Prom Dress and my Debutant's Ball Gown, both of which I really loved! So of course, choosing him was a no brainer. :)
But as any bride-to-be, I also scouted for other options, though I never had any meet ups with other designers, I was able to check others' works and rates. In the end of every inquiry, I somehow feel that Paul wins over the others - by design, workmanship or rates. Hehe.
Today, we were able to set an appointment with him even with his busy schedule. By the time we got to his shop, there was a bride-to-be fitting her gown and it was really pretty! I hope she won't mind that I had this photo attached to my blog, as it gave me a first-hand preview of what a wedding gown from Paul would be like. Also, honestly, I was so envious of how thin she is! Haha! Wish I could be like that in 6 months time - fingers and toes crossed. Haha! Looking at her fitting her gown and seeing how happy she is and how excited she is - I imagined myself in her shoes, and felt really really excited - super!
| One of Paul's many creations |
Right after they left, Paul and I started discussing my wedding pegs. He showed me a couple of designs he had sketched which were lovely, and both had its own ups and downs for my taste.
The first one is a v-neck haltered top, and the second one is a tube top with a bolero, both of which I liked, but somehow did not suite my wedding gown preference because I'm not comfortable to wear such necklines. I feel a bit short on the "upper" area, so I may not be able to do it justice.
![]() |
| First sketch |
| Second sketch |
The third sketch he made was the one I fell in love with. It is simple and has the neckline that I wanted, and would feel comfortable wearing which was important since I did not ask for a second gown/look design. I'm really excited to discuss swatches for this, attend to the fittings (if my mom would allow), and of course, wear THE DRESS! But for now, all I can do is look at the photo of the sketch and dream away.. Hehe.. Oh, but sorry folks, I won't be showing this yet, and will keep this a surprise. So you'll have to patiently wait with me. ;)
PS: My mom had hers sketched and we had already picked swatches for her. My dad was also able to have his measurements taken and choose the design for his barong suit. Next in line will be fiance's side. :)
![]() |
| Eight Supplier Booked: The Wedding Day by Paul Rex Mateo |
Happy bride-to-be,



No comments:
Post a Comment