So it's time for the yearly W@W Auction. Since this is my first year as a W@Wie, this is also the first and only auction I have the privilege of joining prior to our wedding. So you may assume I was really excited about this, which by the way - I WAS! :)
A week before the auction opened, Ms. Benz (co-founder of W@W) sent us a list of the items being auctioned. Immediately, I searched the list and took note of the ones I'm willing to bid on. Naturally, I checked our ever growing list of wedding expenses, but nonetheless, I decided to join. Haha! :))
The week of the auction was thrilling to say the least! And I had only placed bids to the ones I really wanted, and kept checking if I was already outbid or not. Came Saturday, the last night of auction, and the game was getting serious. By the time my first 2 bids were about to close, I lost both items. Sad, but I kept on fighting for my last item - which was to end at 7am the following day. A couple of hours before I decided to sleep, I was actually outbid. So immediately, I asked Ron if I could raise my bid and help me get some sleep. Good thing he said yes! :)
Come Sunday morning, I was up really early - earlier than my alarm clock that was set at 6am. Yes, this is how addicted I was! No movements were being done. No one is bidding for my last item, but I was praying really hard to get it. But alas! 2 minutes before the close, someone outbid me! And so, without Ron's approval, I bid and bid till my limit was exhausted and I had no choice but to fold and accept defeat. Needless to say, it was a sad morning. But as any game I had played, it was fun and very challenging I may add - you'll need to know how far you could go with your budget! Haha!
At the end of the auction, I did lost all 3 items, but kept a smile and learned that I could actually discipline myself at some point. Hahaha!
To my surprise, Ms. Benz announced a fast and furious round 2 for everyone that night! So, of course, I did join again and tried my luck. I proxy-bid my entire budget for each item and hoped that I'll get it a lower bid. Fingers crossed! :)
Two days of pure anticipation as I did bid for another 3 items, 2 of which were the same as the 1st round, and the 3rd item being one that I really wanted. Come this day, I was at work with a lot of reports to do, that I knew I had to strategically plan my time as all of it will close while I was working. Good thing as well, that I had proxy-bid all of them. But I did made use of Ron's spare time, as I had asked him to carefully watch the items I had place a bid on. So come judgment time, I did won the first 2 items - the Silver Unity Coins and the Php 3000 GC from Hearts & Bells. The 3rd item was very tricky, and I was scared to lose it. So I tried to finish my report, but unfortunately, I wasn't finished yet when Ron said I was already outbid. So, I knew I needed to set aside something, and checked it myself. 10 minutes before closing time, I asked Ron for approval and how much more I could bid - and when he gave the approval... you may have guessed already, I did placed my bid 5 minutes before it closed! And voila, I won Purple Dish's Dessert Bar Buffet for 150 guests! :))
![]() |
| Silver Unity Coins |
![]() |
| Php 3, 000 Hearts & Bells Gift Certificate |
![]() |
| Purple Dish for our Dessert Bar |
By the end of the 2nd round, I won all 3 items and felt really really happy and excited!
Again, thank you to Ms. Benz and Sir Abet for creating W@W! This is really an unforgettable place to be - maybe virtual at most times, but definitely a family in support of one another. Being a part of it is really an unforgettable experience on its own - with the likes of this auction and the upcoming xmas party as cherries on top! ;)
Very grateful,





No comments:
Post a Comment