Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Booking: Deal or No Deal???

Okay. So we're engaged, and we just celebrated our First Anniversary yesterday. We haven't actually moved on from the bliss of the first year celebration and its cheesyness, but we're now going into full speed and focus for the upcoming wedding.

Automatically, I signed us up for different bridal fairs that will be held within the year, and first quarter of next year. After which, I quickly jumped into looking for photographers and videographers as they will definitely be one of the major suppliers and buys that we need to decide on. For weeks, I was able to research and choose a few photo/video suppliers that I thought would fit our budget, and our needs.

With us signed up for the Bridal Fair, and with only the Photo/Video Supplier in our checklist (aside from a little window shopping for other wedding essentials), we went to NBC Tent in hope to book one of the suppliers in my list - I wouldn't mention who it was anymore. Upon arriving at the venue, which by the way we were really at exactly 10 am, we immediately looked for that supplier's booth, and asked questions after questions. Since, the price was a bit high for us, we proceeded to the next one on our list, and so on.
First timers attending Bridal Fairs - and we're labeled as GUESTS! ;)
Until, while we were just going around the place, a certain gentleman, sales-talked his way into my attention, and I started paying attention to the package details and its price range. CGM Studios was the name of the supplier. I haven;t researched anything about them, so I was a bit hesiatant to pay attention, and after the much talk, I immediately walked after Ron and asked if we could go for lunch already to discuss all the offerings we heard. And during lunch that I realized that all the while I was listening to the gentleman offering their photo/video packages, he was looking into other suppliers in the venue. So I then discussed what I remember from the sales-talk and realized that their package fits our budget, and the needs as well.

So, right after lunch, we went back to NBC Tent, and he discussed a few items with CGM and looked over their albums and on-site which was available for viewing at the event. Ron was immediately convinced by them, but I was having second thoughts since I never heard of them, and because I wanted the other photo/video supplier.

We went outside for a while, and after a needed pros and cons discussion, Ron's pick won the debate. We then went back inside and instantly book them for our wedding. It was such a good feeling though I was really anxious having known nothing about them (I know, I'm a bit of a control-freak). It was truly a high to book a supplier for an event that we are really excited about! :)

So there. Coming out of the NBC Tent for the nth time, we now have a Photo/Video supplier - CGM Studios. :))
First Supplier Booked: CGM Studios

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...